Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Regurgitating President

Ok, so I know I'm a dog, but there are some basic things that humans can learn from their K-9 companions.  For instance, loyalty counts!  We're always ready to support and love you...no matter what!  If humans could learn that behavior when it comes to how they treat family and friends, the world would be a better place.  We also know that there are things that humans shouldn't do that we do.  For instance, eat someone else's regurgitated food!  So that is where we are tonight.  Talking about the regurgitation of our President!

Candi is doing her thing on the internet.  Reading articles, researching and posting like crazy.  The woman absorbs information like a sponge absorbs water.  But...she isn't content with just the national news...NO, my human has to be interested in local and state politics around the country.  And, as usual, she begins to talk to me about all the information.  And I begin to notice how often the same things are said over and over.  Our President seems to be the worst, so I say to my human:

"Candi, is it just me or does Obama constantly spew the same rhetoric?"

"It isn't you, Shastsa.  He does.  I don't think anyone in America is buying it anymore, but he thinks that if he keeps saying the same thing over and over, we'll eventually start buying it again.  The problem is, his rhetoric and policies left a bad taste in our mouths the first time and he doesn't understand that we don't want to try tasting it again!"

"I see," I said.  "So what you're saying is everytime the American people hear it, they puke and he just scoops up your vomit and serves it back to you, right?"

"Pretty much!"

"You know, dogs do that all the time.  The difference is, we walk around on four legs, have little to no self-control and have the intellectual capacity of a two-year old.  Do you think Obama keeps regurgitating the same old crap because he thinks of you guys as K-9's," I asked.

"Well Shasta, I think he thinks he's the smartest person in the room and that the American people are too stupid to realize we're being served vomit.  And, I also think that he'll continue to do that until he's voted out in November of 2012."

"So I take it you're not going to watch his speech next week.  What are you going to watch, Candi?"

She grinned from ear to ear and said, "Football, baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment