Friday, September 9, 2011

The Pledge of Allegiance In Schools

When my human finally got rid of the moron that brought me to her, the first thing she did was sit me down and give me civics lessons.  I can proudly say that I can bark the Pledge of Allegiance and that I understand what our Founding Fathers had in mind when writing the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  What amazes me...most kids today don't have a clue and are not required to learn the Pledge in schools.  I have to take Candi's side in this....it is a disgrace that children are no longer taught pride in their country in school!

This morning Candi went on a rant after reading a news article out of a Boston newspaper.  It seems that there is a small group in a small town in MA that are trying to ban the Pledge of Allegiance from schools altogether.  She couldn't believe it!  Immediately we called to action fellow activists and now we are on the move.  I'd feel sorry for the Governor, but he should have taken a stand on the issue.

There is precious little that I can do as a K-9, but I can stand by my humans side and bite anyone that gets in her way while she is calling this sort of thing out.  I really don't like the taste of stupidity, but I must help my human in her endeavors.  I can stand next to our service men and women, who are fighting for our freedoms, and bow my doggie head during the National Anthem while they stand saluting Old Glory at smart attention.  I can write this blog and help my human spread the word about idiot liberals who are trying to make patriotism and pride in country a crime.

We will not stand idly by while liberals strip away our rights and freedoms one by one.  We will not allow them to make us feel ashamed of being citizens of the greatest country on Earth.  We will fight to the bitter end to make sure our children and grandchildren understand what a great country they live in and to appreciate the military who secure those freedoms for us.  We will fight to bring the Pledge of Allegiance to schools again!

No comments:

Post a Comment