Monday, October 17, 2011

A New Student

Last week my human surprised me with the best gift ever!  A new playmate.  Patton is a six week old puppy that Candi brought home...she can't resist doggie faces!  Immediately we sat down and had a discussion about the training of Patton.  It had to be understood that he would also be educated in American history and civics!

"Shasta, you are worrying about nothing!  Of course I'm going to teach Patton history and civics.  Just like you, I want him to grow up to be a great TEA Party dog and one that supports the military," Candi told me.

I felt better right away.  The best part about the whole thing, I get to help Candi teach Patton all the things he's going to need to know.  WooHoo!  I can't wait.  Patton is going to be the best TEA Party dog ever and he's going to be a great help to Candi and Therapy Dogs International. 

Now, when Candi and I have our political chats, we'll be teaching Patton about it.  Isn't that exciting?  What a great thing to be able to share ideas and shape the future.  Candi has often said that we "teach by example".  In other words, it isn't enough to say something...you have to live it.  Maybe together, we can help inspire others to pass along what they know. 

Maybe we can also lead by example when we have a disagreement and subsequent debate.  Wouldn't that be cool?  After some of the debates we've witnessed between people on the same side, it would be nice to show that you can disagree without resorting to name calling and accusations.

Ladies and gentleman, I am embarking on a new adventure.  An adventure full of learning and sharing.  This is going to be FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment