Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Obama Is Like Rebel (Nathan's "Special Needs" Dog)

We all know that I'm an intelligent dog.  My human has taken great pains to teach me about politics, how government in the U.S. is actually supposed to work, and about life in general.  Her brother's dog, Rebel, is a different story.  It doesn't matter what you do to teach him something or to break a behavior, he keeps doing the opposite.  In my humble doggie opinion, I think this is similar to Obama's way of doing things.  He just doesn't seem to learn.  So....I talked to my favorite human, Candi, about it.

"You know how everyone in the family keeps talking about that Fourth of July when Nathan's dog, Rebel, decided to eat fireworks as they were exploding?"

"Yes," Candi said as she started to giggle about it again.

"I know it was painful to Rebel everytime one of those exploded in his mouth.  Why didn't he stop?  Why couldn't Rebel leave the fireworks alone?  He would have been better off if he had," I told her.

"Well, Shasta, some people and dogs just don't learn.  Most of us learn our lessons, especially after getting hurt by something, but some NEVER learn.  They keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again," Candi explained.

"Candi, I know that I'm a dog and my IQ is that of a two-year old child.  But I know that when something is painful, you don't do it again.  So here is my question...Why does Obama keep doing the same thing over and over again?  Why does he keep playing the blame card?  Surely he has figured out that the American people aren't buying what he's selling anymore."

Candi got a thoughtful look on her face and then smiled when she said, "Because he's like Rebel.  He just doesn't comprehend the fact that his actions, and those of the people he has surrounded himself with, are going to keep backfiring on him.  Apparently, Pelosi and Reid keep applying balm to his burned fingers and, as a result, he hasn't figured out it's going to keep burning!"

"Well do you think the American voters have learned their lesson," I asked.

"I think so," Candi said.  "Stop and think about it Shasta.  Almost all the polls are showing his disapproval ratings going up and his approval ratings going down.  His constant references to Reagan are bunk, and those of us who grew up in that era know it!  Even his biggest supporters in Hollywood are beginning to turn on him."

"Then I have hope," I said. "I also have faith that humans like you will continue to cry out against the uncontrolled spending and liberal policies that are taking away our individual freedoms.  I have faith in people like you who will stand in the gap and hold the line to protect the greatness that is America.  And I have faith that in 2012 we will vote out a President that reminds me of Nathan's "special needs" dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment