Monday, May 14, 2012

A Tornado, Mother's Day and Me


Sometimes you just can’t resist being bad.  This weekend was one of those times.  Candi went to see her daughter race her jetski down in Macon.  Now she knows how much I love going to the lake, so I was really disappointed at being left behind to babysit the tornado known as Patton.  OK…so it was Mother’s Day weekend and I shouldn’t have done it, but Candi needed to learn a lesson.
I sat back and gave Patton encouragement as he pulled out all the laundry from the hamper, rearranged the cushions on the sofa and nearly pulled the bed linens off the bed.  I did tell him that Candi would appreciate all he was doing to help her.  And I did know that she was going to be upset when she got home.  Well…she shouldn’t have left me behind.
Needless to say, I am now in eternal timeout for being a ‘bad babysitter’ and not stopping Patton from doing things he shouldn’t.  I am willing to pay the price for my bad behavior because I thoroughly enjoyed watching Patton getting in trouble.  I also thoroughly enjoyed watching my human clean up after the tornado because she had left me behind.  Payback is a ‘female dog’ as they say and this ‘female dog’ wanted to make sure this sort of thing didn’t happen again.
Now things are back to normal.  It’s Monday and our human is at work.  Patton and I are in timeout, but that won’t last very long.  Our human does understand that sometimes we will do what dogs do.  She’s a good human and she deserves to have some fun, too.  So…Happy Mother’s Day to all the fabulous human moms out there.  Especially my human!

No comments:

Post a Comment