Saturday, February 4, 2012

Verify BEFORE You Share!!!!

On January 27, 2012, Jan Morgan posted as her status update that Judge Malihi in Georgia had ruled that Obama was to be taken off the Georgia Primary ballot.  Over 60,000 people saw that.  The status was shared countless times and people everywhere were celebrating.  My human warned several that the information posted by Ms. Morgan was inaccurate.  As a result, she was unfriended and told that she didn’t know what she was talking about.  This canine is wondering who is eating crow now?

Yesterday, Judge Malihi did release his ruling.  I’ll give you three guesses as to who will remain on the Georgia Primary and General Election ballots.  The first two don’t count!  I feel justified in telling my readers that my human was correct a week ago.  Let me be perfectly clear with all of you, Jan Morgan shared false information...but she was NOT the only one.  Those of you who were friends with my human prior to this, you showed your pettiness and total lack of interest in getting to the truth by unfriending her and bad mouthing her on your Facebook pages when she tried to warn you. 

Today, Ms. Morgan has blocked my human from seeing any of her Facebook postings.  Why?  Because my human had the audacity to call her on what she’d done.  Candi did not do this in public, but rather sent Ms. Morgan a private message complete with a screen shot of her original posting and links to the story that proved she had incorrectly posted last week.  Rather than admit her mistake and apologize to her 60k plus followers, she decided to take the coward’s way out and not even respond to my human.  Apparently, she views my human as a ‘nobody’ and not worth the courtesy of a response.  That makes her no better than Obama, Pelosi or Reid in my opinion.  

One of the great things about the internet is that information sharing is easy.  One of the most horrendous things about the internet is that information sharing is easy.  Learn from Jan Morgan’s mistake.  Mistakes like that cause a lot of damage to the conservative movement and lead to confusion within the movement.  Please…before you share someone’s status update or a blog, verify the information they are sharing.  And if you do make a mistake…just admit it.  We’ll have more respect for you if you do.

1 comment:

  1. Shasta - good advice. Once, I posted a comment and a friend sent me a private note with links to correct what I had posted. Instead of embarrassing me on the public wall, this person was kind enough to "talk" privately.

    This also gave me the opportunity to go back to the thread, retract my comment with apologies and put up those links. I really appreciated it, and so did the fellow commenters, some of whom might have passed it on as verbatim.

    ~ Kel Fritzi

    ReplyDelete